Wednesday, May 20, 2015

ADVENTURE to ALASKA with MOM - #MomDaughterVaca

This is my mom. We call her "Pioneer Woman" because she blazes a path ahead into almost any adventure. This time: ALASKA! She and my amazing dad were going to go on this dream vacation - but he's in Heaven - a way better place than even Alaska, and so 18 months later.... Mom's going to ALASKA! We wanted one of those fabulous girlfriends of her's to go with her but none could make it. AND SO... we looked to her kids. I'm the oldest of 5 kids and the only one in the country with no one graduating or getting married or starting a new job, so I'm elected. And .... I'm thrilled! Today: we're packing and repacking! She's already driven 3.5 hours North to my home so she's far more ready than I am! Tomorrow: to the airport in Minneapolis and then to Anchorage where we'll rent a car and meet her long time childhood friend Jack and his wife Carolyn! TRANSFORMED BLESSING: It was supposed to be dad and mom, but God transformed things again - from one blessing to another. Dad's in Heavenly Bliss. Mom and Debbie will be in Alaskan Bliss in one day! Oh - and this is me - Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment